Tuesday 1 May 2012

Hey it's May and that can only mean one thing - Me Made May'12 has landed BOOM!

Hello fabulous ones,

I hope we're all well and those that attended the PJ party have recovered from all the late night gossip and contraband ;-)  I know I fully enjoyed my tropical turn.

So here we are at the beginning of Zoe's handmade extravaganza Me Made May'12 and I'm staring down the barrel of a whole month of wearing at least one handmade and likely mended piece of clothing or an accessory.  Strangely I'm not feeling as daunted as I thought because I went for a wardrobe assessment on Sunday and the sea of handmade that greeted me was very pleasing to my peepers :)

I originally participated in the Self-Stitched September last year before I had a blog so although I documented my wares on Facebook it will be nice to have a reason to blog daily and I'm hoping this will really get me into the swing of regular blogging.

Well today's handmade offering is the Mysterious Cities of Gold Sorbetto.



As predicted here the damn banana fell off again!


I'm extremely pleased to be starting the challenge in such a bright piece of clothing because despite the weather I still have a reason to wear sunnies because it's so flipping lairy.  As previously blogged this amazing fabric comes courtesy of the lovely Kathryn of Yes I like that who I gnabbed it off in the Brighton fabric de-stash.  So in theory this top only cost me the price of the bias binding and the printing of free Sorbetto pattern, which was £1.20!  Just over a quid for a handmade piece of happiness well yes Siree that'll ding dang do for me :)

Today, has been super busy and will continue to be so for the next couple of hours until I head to stitch and bitch at Super+Super.  So this top is lovely and airy and just what a Miss on a mission needs to be wearing.

Hope everyone is having a fine day and I can't wait to see outfit posts in due course.

Mwah,

Miss D

xxx

4 comments:

  1. Cute cute cute!  Love that bright yellow!  

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's chilly and rainy here in Portland, Oregon, today, but that yellow sure is cheering me up! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. rehanonmackenzie2 May 2012 at 09:38

    Thanks ducky makes me feel like I'm going on an expedition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. rehanonmackenzie2 May 2012 at 09:39

    I'm glad it's shining through the rain.  The UK is apparently in drought conditions but it's not stopped tipping it down for last week - go figure.

    ReplyDelete